Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Orleans, LA



I grew up in the suburbs of New Orleans, first in Harvey and then in Metairie. Even though we live very far away, I still consider it home. Between the food, the seasons (shrimp, crab, crawfish, and king cake), the weather, the food, the culture, the food, the history, and (did I mention) the food, there is just so much to do, see, and eat! I can't wait to take Raquel through the streets of the French Quarter, to feed her gumbo and beignets, and to run her feet over the grass in Audubon Park. I want to share snowballs and levees and glittering parades with her and B.

New Orleans is so much more than a place to drink and eat your self silly. It is a place where you can enjoy life effortlessly, which I cannot wait to do with my growing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment