Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Regrets

I spent most of my early and mid twenties regretting choices that I had made, and honestly I just made myself miserable. When I turned 26, I decided that I was done with regrets. Now I try, granted with extreme difficulty, to be as happy as I can. When I have a bad day, I spend as much time with Duke as I need to to turn my mood around. I'm working on forgiving myself more easily, and I try to see B's side of things whenever we disagree. I take a more active role in the major decisions of our household, and more pride in it as well.

I'm not in the headspace I want to be in yet, but I am happy with the progress that I am making. My marriage is better, my dog is happy and content, and both B and I ready for what comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment