Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Audubon Park, New Orleans



My favorite neighborhood has always been Uptown in New Orleans, and my favorite part of that neighborhood is Audubon Park. Across the street from Tulane and Loyola Universities, it is a true slice of local community living. I love to walk Duke along the winding paths, watching students play frisbee or read under towering oaks, mothers playing with babies in the grass, children scaling trees and playing tag. The houses in the area are gorgeous, but nothing compares with the lush greenery and elegant sculptural accents that seem to stretch out endlessly. You feel like the neighborhood is an extension of the park instead of the park acting as an escape from the surrounding habitation. I am extremely excited to be able to spend an afternoon there in April with Duke, taking pictures of my growing bump and the frolicking males that will be my husband and dog. I think I'm going to force a picnic on them, and stuff myself with po'boys, Zapps, and Red Cream Soda.

If I close my eyes, I can feel the thick grass between my toes. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment