Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, you're in theatre? What is your favorite movie?

I never understand why people hear the word theatre and think acting. Film acting and live acting are related, but they are kissing cousins at best. I don't love movies. I have a few that I can watch again, but that is pretty rare. Once a story has been told, I'm done. I intellectually ingested it. Finite.

If I had to pick a favorite movie, it would be Julie Taymor's Titus. It is nothing like the stories that I enjoy reading, and watching it disturbs me for months. Artistically, it is a masterpiece. The acting is superb, the pace is excellent, the technical and design elements are outstanding. I wouldn't suggest eating while watching it, especially pie, but I think it is a must see for performance artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment